All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the second of his two Battleground guides to the epic struggle put up by the British and Polish paratroopers at Arnhem, Frank Steer concentrates on the battle in the town itself and particularly for the vital bridge. Seized at a comparatively early stage, the bridge became the focus for prolonged and vicious fighting. Cut off from further reinforcement by the furious Germans, the small garrison, led by the redoubtable Colonel John Frost, waged an increasingly desperate struggle for survival against overwhelming odds, hoping against hope that 30 Corps would arrive in time. As is well kwn they did t. The fact that this battle was lost and the bold aims of Market Garden were t fully achieved in way diminished the extent of the achievement of the Paras. Indeed it has added to their glory.
- Author BiographyFrank Steer MBE, a retired soldier, has written two previous books on Arnhem including Arnhem: The Landing Grounds and Oosterbeck and Arnhem - The Fight To Sustain. He regularly leads tours to the town and is an acknowledged expert. He lives at Paddock Wood, Kent.
- Author(s)Frank Steer
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/06/2002
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleBattleground S.
- Place of PublicationBarnsley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps, ports.
- Weight213 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.