All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAround Orpington Through Time invites you to explore the fascinating history of Orpington and its district through 'then and w' photographs. The Industrial Revolution of the latter part of the nineteenth century had a big impact on the area, along with the coming of the railway in the 1860s, and the arterial road built in the 1920s changed Orpington forever. Orpington and the surrounding areas have played their part on the world stage, but it is the change within the past 100 years that this book focuses on. Covering Orpington, Chelsfield, Crofton, Downe, Farnborough, Green Street Green, Locksbottom, Petts Wood, Pratt's Bottom, St Mary Cray and St Paul's Cray, this is a 'must-have' step back in time for any resident or visitor familiar with the area.
- Author BiographyPhil Waller is a successful local historian and the owner of the website orpington-history.co.uk. He is well known in the area and has an extensive collection of images of in and around Orpington.
- Author(s)Phil Waller
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/10/2013
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.46
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.68
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $99.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.