All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionPinner was one of the ancient villages of Middlesex. Lanes led from its High Street to small hamlets, a handful of grand houses, the common fields, woods, and places further afield. By the nineteenth century, the countryside was a patchwork of farms, supplying London's needs. People came to Pinner from home counties, and then from London by railway. Villas appeared in the hamlets, and the expanding capital enveloped the older settlements, creating the modern areas of Rayners Lane, North Harrow and Hatch End. The pictures in this book bring to life many of the changes that have taken place in Pinner - the result is an attractive London suburb enriched by green spaces and buildings of every century from the fourteenth to the present.
- Author BiographyPinner Local History Society was established in 1972 and is now widely consulted on matters of local history. It has always fostered the research of its members. It has produced twenty books itself, written a further two for a commercial publisher, and compiled a collection of photographs to celebrate the Millennium. Several of its researchers have written books for other local organisations.
- Author(s)Pinner Local History Society
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/09/2013
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.