All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionLiving in an old, unheated T25 campervan for fourteen months, including the coldest winter for thirty years, Jonathan Bennett travelled clockwise round Britain, surfing every beach he could catch a wave. From the Isle of Harris to the Lizard Peninsula, from Orkney to Anglesey, from Sandwood Bay to Sussex, he shared the waves with seals, sewage and fellow surfers, meeting friendly and t-so-friendly locals, often alone and miles from civilisation. Without going near a campsite, he slept with the sound of the waves whispering in his ears.
- Author BiographyJonathan Bennett is a freelance writer and translator. His screen credits include the noir thriller Dark Bridge and several episodes of BBC1 drama Doctors. His travel writing has appeared in The Guardian, The Independent and Time Out. He also writes audio guides for museums, castles and other damp venues.
- Author(s)Jonathan Bennett
- PublisherSandstone Press Ltd
- Date of Publication21/04/2016
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationDingwall
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSandstone Press Ltd
- Weight227 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.