All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFour in 10 U.S. adults are w caring for a sick or elderly family member at home. 43.5 million adult family caregivers care for someone fifty years of age or older who is ill or who has a disability. Author Harriet K. Swenson - a former Addison-Wesley staffer, workshop leader and educator for the Congregational Church of New Hampshire, magazine columnist, fiber designer and quilter - writes eloquently, humorously and truthfully about caring for her second husband at home after he was diagsed with terminal cancer and COPD. Remembering her first class second husband, David Swenson, a geologist from New Hampshire's Swenson Granite family, Harriet's essays provide a new look at love. From blunt to lyrical, factual to spiritual her short commentaries reveal the depth of self-discovery and the truth about a role generally igred. From mail-order meds and Yankee frugality, to the solace of quilting and rotten days, Harriet's former residence in a Shaker community fosters a readiness to evaluate life experience against spiritual imperatives.
- Author BiographyHARRIET K. SWENSON is the author of Visible and Vital: A Handbook for the Aging Congregation (2000), and Quilting Cameos; 50 Meditations (1985). She is a graduate of Andover Newton Seminary with a master s degree in Research. She is now 81, a mother of three, grandmother of five, great-grandmother to four, and naps with her cat Mildred in Durham, New Hampshire.
- Author(s)Harriet K. Swenson
- PublisherPeter E. Randall
- Date of Publication10/06/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationPortsmouth
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter E. Randall
- Weight363 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.