All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Around the Kremlin: Or Pictures of Life in Moscow Charms of Moscow - Growth and Progress of the City - Hostile Invasions - Successful Defence of Moscow - St. Petersburg a Town of Yesterday - The Invasion of 1812 - Impressions on entering the old Muscovite Capital - Its Position - The Moskwa - The Sparrow Hills - Parties of Pleasure - View of the city - The Battle of Borodi - Who ere the Victors? - A Proud Moment for Napoleon - Wilna - Energy of the Russian Defence - Napoleon in the Palace of Peteroff - Remarkable Contrast - Humiliation of the Invaders - Retreat of the French - dispersion and Destruction of the Grand Army - Moscow Avenged. There is a charm peculiar to Moscow among the cities of the world. It is itself the centre of the history of a people - a people one day fated to play a great part in the drama of the future. But at present the charm of Moscow is in its past story and in its present life. The interest of the past story of the city arises out of its peculiar position as the connecting link between the East and the West. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)G T Lowth
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.