Around the World: Sketches of Travels Through Many Lands and Over Many Seas (Classic Reprint) by Edward Dorr Griffin Prime (Paperback / softback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.44Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $59.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Around the World: Sketches of Travels Through Many Lands and Over Many Seas The journey of which the following pages contain a running account was undertaken by the writer mainly for the recovery of health, but also for the general purposes of travel and observation. The volume was designed, t in any measure as an exhaustive account of what is to be seen, and learned, and enjoyed in such a tour (a score of volumes would t contain the record), but to give to the intelligent reader suggestive glimpses of the world of interest which such a journey affords. The time devoted to it, a single year, may seem short w'hen the great extent of land and sea is taken into account, but the facilities of travel are so great at the present day that more may w be compressed into a year than formerly into two or three. Nor was the tour made so rapidly as might be supposed. The actual traveling time in going round the world has been reduced to seventy-five days, distributed as follows: From New York to San Francisco, by rail, six days; from San Francisco to Yokohama and Hong Kong, by steamship, twenty-seven days (this voyage might be made with perfect ease, at a little more expense of coal, in twenty-two days); from Hong Kong to Calcutta, by steam-ship, twelve days; from Calcutta to Bombay, via Allahabad, by continuous rail, a journey of 1450 miles through the heart of India, three days; from Bombay to Suez, by steam-ship, eleven days; from Suez to Paris or London, by steam-ship and rail, six days; from London to New York, ten days. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Edward Dorr Griffin Prime
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication14/06/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight617 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Travel Guides
- AU $15.00New
- AU $12.56New
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $44.70
- AU $36.47Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.57Trending at AU $41.69
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $39.00
- AU $61.95Trending at AU $70.10
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $28.52
- AU $55.25Trending at AU $57.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.