All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPeggy Kelley Reinburg has written the first comprehensive book in English to chronicle the remarkable achievements of Arp Schnitger, whose influence extends to the twentieth century with the current interest in Baroque instruments and performance practice. The book gives an account of organ-building activity in North Germany and the Netherlands prior to Schnitger, describes in detail many of his constructions as they related to various periods in his life, and comments on Schnitger's impact on trends in organ building. Specifications are given for twenty-two extant organs, and appendixes include a glossary of German-English technical terms, complete scalings for several Schnitger organs, and a chrological listing of all Schnitger instruments.
- Author(s)P. K. Reinburg
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication07/01/1982
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note71ill.1M.
- Weight372 g
- Width140 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.