All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive picture of the life and work of a major figure among the Greek-speaking authors of the Roman Empire. Arrian is our most reliable source for Alexander the Great and the author of three other major historical works and a number of shorter essays and treatises. This, the first book-length study of Arrian in English in this century, makes a valuable contribution to our understanding of Greek historiography and of the intellectual life of the second century A.D.
Originally published in 1980.
A UNC Press Enduring Edition -- UNC Press Enduring Editions use the latest in digital techlogy to make available again books from our distinguished backlist that were previously out of print. These editions are published unaltered from the original, and are presented in affordable paperback formats, bringing readers both historical and cultural value.
- Author(s)Falk Professor in the Humanities Philip A Stadter
- PublisherThe University of North Carolina Press
- Date of Publication15/05/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationChapel Hill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of North Carolina Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width149 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.