All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt happened without warning. She was slim and fit, ate all her vegetables, and never touched a cigarette. There was family history of heart disease. Yet somehow, at the age of 44 and in the middle of her weekly yoga class, Deborah Heffernan felt her heart explode. An Arrow Through the Heart is the unflinching chronicle of the first - and, potentially, last - year after a woman's near-death from heart attack. Anchored by the fierce love of her husband, and by their two families, Deborah went from corporate high achiever to learning to do simple things all over again - and how to live every day as if it was her last. Of course, the heart is more than a muscle, and this is a story about healing the soul as well as the body. This book is magnificent. - Caroline Myss, bestselling author of Anatomy Of The Spirit and Sacred Contracts .
- Author BiographyHaving travelled the world and worked as a teacher in Switzerland, an associate dean at the School of Artisanry at Boston University and a freelance writer, Deborah Daw Heffernan joined a fledgling business and helped to grow it into one of the top corporate training companies in the United States - until a heart attack changed her life forever. She lives with her husband in Maine.
- Author(s)Deborah Daw Heffernan
- PublisherTransworld Publishers (Division of Random House Australia)
- Date of Publication07/06/2002
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationMilsons Piont
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintDoubleday Australia Pty Ltd
- Weight323 g
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $52.84
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.43
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.27
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.