All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow available in paperback, Arroz con leche / Rice Pudding is the second title of Jorge Argueta s popular bilingual Cooking Poems series, celebrating the joys of preparing, eating and sharing food. From sprinkling the rice into the pot, to adding a waterfall of milk, cinnamon sticks, salt stars and sugar sw, Jorge Argueta s recipe is t only easy to follow, it is a poetic experience. The lively illustrations by Fernando Vilela feature an enthusiastic young cook who finds end of joy in making and then slurping up the rice pudding with his family. As in all the titles in this series, Arroz con leche / Rice Pudding conveys the pleasure of making something delicious to eat for people you really love. A great book for families to enjoy together.
- Author BiographyJorge Argueta is an award-winning author of picture books and poetry for young children. He has won the International Latino Book Award, the Americas Book Award, the NAPPA Gold Award and the Independent Publisher Book Award for Multicultural Fiction for Juveniles. His books have also been named to the Americas Award Commended List, the USBBY Outstanding International Books Honor List, Kirkus Reviews Best Children s Books and the Cooperative Children s Book Center Choices. A native Salvadoran and Pipil Nahua Indian, Jorge spent much of his life in rural El Salvador. He now lives in Daly City, California. Fernando Vilela is a Brazilian illustrator who has illustrated numerous children s books. He has won the Jabuti Award (Brazil s equivalent of the Pulitzer Prize) in three categories for Lampiao e Lancelote. This book was also selected for the IBBY Honor list and received a special mention from the New Horizons Bologna Ragazzi Award. He has also won many FNLIJ (Brazilian branch of IBBY) awards and was selected for the Bratislava International Illustration Biennial. Fernando lives in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Author(s)Jorge Argueta
- PublisherGroundwood Books
- Date of Publication15/03/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleBilingual Cooking Poems
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGroundwood Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width180 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Picture book,Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.69
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.73
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.70
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.56
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.51
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $19.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.