All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArt directors and production designers are the cinema's 'architects of illusion'. Their overall purpose is to produce the overall pictorial vision for a film and their skills encompass set design, storyboarding, painting, decoration, construction, budgeting, colour and special effects. This book examines the crafts of art direction and production design. It traces their contribution from Thomas Edison's primitive studio, the Black Maria, to the growth of the Hollywood 'studio system', to the effect of sound and colour, and on to the computer-generated imagery of contemporary Hollywood. It does so with reference to many major productions, including Gone with the Wind, McCabe and Mrs Miller and Batman, demonstrating the real significance of the contribution of the art director and production designer to filmmaking and its history.
- Author BiographyLucy Fischer is a distinguished Professor of English and Film Studies at the University of Pittsburgh. Her books include Body Double: The Author Incarnate in the Cinema and Teaching Film.
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication30/03/2015
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleBehind the Silver Screen Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note11 colour in 8pp plates, 36 bw integrated
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Edited byLucy Fischer
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.