All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionBased on more than ten years of research and practice of art therapy and dramatherapy in training, clinical practice and theory, this book is the first to explore the relationship and differences between these two disciplines. The first part of the book explores the theoretical background and the history and practice of art therapy and dramatherapy, including accounts of the authors' personal experiences and the creative and imaginative processes they make use of in their work. The second part describes five major themes that have been practically and collaboratively developed by the authors, who clearly set out the methods and practices used. They show how images such as the body, doors, bridges, journeys and masks can be used effectively in therapy.
- Author BiographySue Jennings' career in professional theatre and dramatherapy spans over 40 years. She currently holds Visiting Professorships at the University of Ulster, Tel Hai College and New York University, and is Senior Research Fellow at the University of Surrey Roehampton. Sue has written and edited over a dozen books, including Introduction to Dramatherapy and Introduction to Dramatherapy, also published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers. Ase Minde, Dip ATh, is Founder/Director of Art Therapy training in Norway. Both authors trained as dancers as children before establishing themselves as art and drama therapists. They have extensive clinical experience in psychiatry, learning disabilities, family therapy and eating disorders.
- Author(s)Ase Minde,Sue Jennings
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication01/11/1994
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations, references, further reading list
- Weight335 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.