All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArt Therapy and Eating Disorders is a step-by-step approach to a new and extremely promising technique for treating people with eating disorders-children as well as adults, male and female sufferers alike-that has proven to be a crucial aid to identification, prevention, and intervention. Mury Rabin demonstrates how her award-winning art therapy technique, kwn as Phemenal and Nonphemenal Body Image Tasks or PNBIT, can be used by clinicians other than art therapists and shows its effectiveness in combination with diverse therapeutic techniques. Unlike traditional therapy programs that treat symptoms, this technique focuses on root causes and consists of a series of tasks-some phemenal: weight recording, mirror viewing, and body dimension estimates; others t: chromatic family line drawings and body image mandalas. The book includes five case studies that illustrate how the PNBIT technique functions in practice.
- Author BiographyMury Rabin is a registered art therapist who has a private practice as a consultant on eating disorders. She received New York University's Phi Delta Kappa Award for her research on this technique, about which she has lectured widely.
- Author(s)Mury Rabin
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication03/04/2003
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Content Note47 illus.
- Weight454 g
- Width164 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.