Art Therapy with Neurological Conditions by Jessica Kingsley Publishers (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $40.49Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $68.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBy creating a therapeutic outlet for self-expression and processing trauma, art therapy can play a powerful role in assisting people with a brain injury or neurological condition to adjust to living with altered abilities and ways of thinking. Bringing together a wealth of expertise from specialists working with a range of conditions including epilepsy, dementia, acquired brain injury, motor neurone disease and multiple sclerosis, this book describes both the effects of the conditions and the ways in which art therapy has helped in the rehabilitation process. The book includes work with groups and individuals and with a wide range of settings and age groups, from children to older adults, and discusses the implications of research from neuroscience and neuropsychology. This will be essential reading for art therapists and students working with neurological conditions. Other professionals working with people with neurological conditions such as psychotherapists and counsellors, doctors, nurses and complementary therapists will also find it of interest.
- Author BiographySally Weston was a community worker in various development and campaigning posts in London and Yorkshire before training as an art therapist in 1991. She has worked as an art therapist in the NHS, in adult mental health in Bradford and for the past 17 years in neurological rehabilitation. In addition she has run art therapy groups for people with dementia, MIND members, adult students with learning disabilities, and children in primary and secondary schools. She has worked as an art therapy educator at Sheffield, Hertfordshire and Roehampton universities. Marian Liebmann has worked in art therapy with offenders, with women's groups and community groups, and more recently in the Inner City Mental Health Team in Bristol, UK, where she has developed work on anger issues. She has also worked as an art therapist at Penny Brohn Cancer Care. She lectures on art therapy at several universities in the UK and Ireland. She also works in restorative justice, mediation and conflict resolution, and has run Art, Conflict and Anger workshops in many countries. In 2013 Marian was awarded an OBE for services to social justice through art therapy and mediation. She has written and edited several art therapy books published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/04/2015
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note16 pp colour plate, 100+ black and white images
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byMarian Liebmann,Sally Weston
- Foreword byJackie Ashley
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.