All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArt Without Waste features 500 upcycled and Earth-friendly designs from cutting-edge designers, illustrators and artists around the world. With a broad scope of alternative uses for discarded items, such as bottle caps, gas cans, and skateboards, the designs featured in this book also explore new uses for sustainable resources such as wood, straw, and paper. This is a gorgeous and inspiring collection of works from artists whose approach often incorporates eco-friendly principles such as upcycling, with sustainability as a central goal. Find inspiration from an array of n-traditional artists and designers. Some have invented new techniques, while others have harnessed a creative passion into manipulated materials, resulting in dynamic forms that encourage audiences to perceive discarded items in an entirely new light. So don't just throw away that bottle or plastic cap- recycle it into your own exciting art projects.
- Author BiographyPatty K. Wongpakdee is a graphic artist based in New York. She is an Assoc. Professor of Graphic Design at New York Institute of Technology. Prior to teaching, Patty was a Senior Designer/Art Director for Ernst & Young. In that capacity, she designed the artistic components for business proposals, brochures, and invitations for corporate functions. She has given lectures about graphic design in Bangkok, Thailand, and has presented at academic and professional design conferences in the United States and Europe. Her work has been featured in various print and online publications.In addition to teaching, Patty is committed to her own artwork. She merges her graphic design sensibilities with traditional paint-like qualities. To further this concept, she sometimes prints her digital images directly on to canvas and in some cases applies paint directly on the printed canvas.Patty received her M.F.A. in Computer Graphics at Pratt Institute and her B.F.A. at The School of Visual & Performing Arts, Syracuse University. http: //pattykwongpakdee.crevado.com/
- Author(s)Patty Wongpakdee
- PublisherRockport Publishers Inc.
- Date of Publication25/09/2014
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationRockport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRockport Publishers Inc.
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width208 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.