Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionThe third part of the four volume set which aims to make available the most important studies of Cornelius Vermeule, the formercurator of Classical Art at the Boston Museum of Fine Art. This volume contains studies published between 1974 and 1984 which cover a wide range of broad topics as well as including studies of specific artworks, mostly held in American collections. The many subjects include Graeco-Roman artworks in the East, the ram cults of Cyprus, numismatic art, Graeco-Roman sculpture, monuments and memorials, painting and mosaic, the Ara Pacis and Nero, Roman imperial art, crime and punishment and Alexander the Great's souvenirs. Contents: Preface Dated Monuments of Hellenistic and Graeco-Roman Popular Art in Asia Mir: Ionia, Lydia and Phrygia Recent Acquisitions. Aphrodite or a Nymph Ten Greek and Roman Portraits in Kansas City Cypriote Sculpture, the Late Archaic and Early Classical Periods: Towards a More Precise Understanding Greek, Roman and Etruscan Sculptures: The Benjamin and Lucy Rowland Collection The Ram Cults of Cyprus: Pastoral to Paphian at Morphou Medallions best reflect Renaissance creativity Neoclassic Sculpture in America: Greco-Roman sources and their results Numismatic Art in America Numismatic Art in America to 1796 Numismatics in Antiquity The Weary Herakles of Lysippos The Westmacott Jupiter Commodus, Caracalla and the Tetrarchs: Roman Emperors as Hercules Dated Monumens of Hellenistic and Greco-Roman Art in Asia Mir: Caria, Pamphylia, Pisidia and Lycaonia Greek and Roman Sculpture from the Northern Coasts of the Black Sea The Ancient Marbles at Petworth The Heroic Graeco-Roman Zeus from the Villa d'Este amd Marbury Hall Vita: Berenike II. Liberated Queen An Imperial Commemorative Monument Never Finished: A Possible Memorial of Trajan's Eastern Conquests at Salamis on Cyprus Athenian Eternity. Attic Funerary Stele, about 340 BC Ideal Portraiture at the Outset of the Hellenistic Age Interactions and Reflections of Painting, Mosaic and Sculpture. Complex Mythological Scenes in Greek and Roman Imperial Numismatic Art Roman Pictorial Mirrors The Imperial Shield as a Mirror of Roman Art on Medallions and Coins The Late Antonine and Severan Bronze Portraits from Southwest Asia Mir A Silver Cup of the Augustans or Julio-Claudian Period Bench and Table Supports: Roman Egypt and Beyond Greek and Roman Sculpture in the Holy Land The Ara Pacis and the Child Nero: Julio-Claudian Commemorative Reliefs in Italy and Elsewhere The Basis from Puteoli: Cities of Asia Mir in Julio-Claudian Italy Transmissions of Roman Historical Relief throughout the Empire, with Special Reference to Southern Italy and Sicily Alexander the Great, the Emperor Severus Alexander and the Aboukir Medallions The Mosaic from Montebello near Rome: An Early Manifestation of the Seasons in Roman Imperial Art Crime and Punishment in Antiquity From Halicarnassus to Alexandria in the Hellenistic Age: the Ares of Halicarnassus by Leochares The Horse and Groom Relief in Athens Souvenirs of Alexander the Great's March through Persia to India Victory in Death: Roman Triumphal Art and Private Life Index.
- Author(s)C C Vermeule
- PublisherPindar Press
- Date of Publication31/12/2003
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPindar Press
- Width243 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.