All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- Description'Artistic research' is a new practice in which artists act as researchers and present their findings in the form of artwork. Originating from the English-speaking countries it has been taken-up in Scandinavia, the Netherlands, and recently also in Germany and Switzerland. Simultaneously the practice has expanded from the visual arts to performing arts, film, writing and design. It is t clear, though, what exactly distinguishes artistic research from pure art and what the practice can contribute to the art world. The latest volume of the Zurich Yearbook of the Arts comprises eighteen new essays by specialist authors from Britain, Sweden, Norway, the Netherlands, Australia, Germany, and Switzerland. They prove that there are many distinct approaches to the subject. Besides discussing a range of questions theoretically, the book also presents examples of recent projects in artistic research. The authors examine the situation in the different disciplines and take into consideration artists' statements and research programs from various art universities. This title includes a text in English and German.
- Author BiographyCorina Caduff is a scholar in cultural studies and a professor at the Zurich University of the Arts.She has been a visiting professor at the University of Chicago in 2003 and has been lecturing and researching in Berlin, Zurich, Geneva, Chicago and Amsterdam. She also works as a literary critic. Fiona Siegenthaler is an art historian and research assistant at Zurich University of the Arts (Switzerland). Tan Walchli works as a visiting researcher at the Department of Germanic Studies at the University of Chicago (USA).
- Author(s)Corina Caduff,Fiona Siegenthaler,Tan Walchli
- PublisherScheidegger und Spiess AG, Verlag
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- LanguageEnglish & English
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationZurich
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintScheidegger und Spiess AG, Verlag
- Content Note120 b&w, 30 col
- Weight839 g
- Width160 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.