All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the contribution of and art and creativity to early education, and examines the role of the atelier (an arts workshop in a school) and atelierista (an educator with an arts background) in the pioneering pre-schools of Reggio Emilia. It does so through the unique experience of Vea Vecchi, one of the first atelieristas to be appointed in Reggio Emilia in 1970. Part memoir, part conversation and part reflection, the book provides a unique insider perspective on the pedagogical work of this extraordinary local project, which continues to be a source of inspiration to early childhood practitioners and policy makers worldwide. Vea's writing, full of beautiful examples, draws the reader in as she explains the history of the atelier and the evolving role of the atelierista. Key themes of the book include: * processes of learning and kwledge construction * the theory of the hundred languages of childhood and the role of poetic languages * the importance of organisation, ways of working and tools, in particular pedagogical documentation * the vital contribution of the physical environment * the relationship between the atelier, the atelierista, the school and its teachers This enlightening book is essential reading for students, practitioners, policy makers and researchers in early childhood education, and also for all those in other fields of education interested in the relationship between the arts and learning.
- Author BiographyVea Vecchi worked as an atelierista at the Diana municipal preschool in Reggio Emilia for over thirty years, doing pedagogical research and documentation in the area of children's many languages. She now acts as a consultant to 'Reggio Children'.
- Author(s)Vea Vecchi
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/03/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleContesting Early Childhood
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note93 black & white halftones
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.