All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.18
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.56
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.80
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.84
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.64
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.53
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.37
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover the Anglo-Saxons introduces young readers to key figures, aspects and themes of Anglo-Saxon Britain. The books feature an appealingly graphic, young, colourful approach, with one large image per spread plus fact and feature boxes, timelines, places to visit and further resources. Art and Culture offers a look at sacred and secular art in Anglo-Saxon times, including illuminated manuscripts, jewellery and weapons. It examines the role of monasteries in the creation of books and the preservation of learning, and investigates literature, such as chronicles and stories.
- Author BiographyI have been writing for many years in a number of different genres, from books for babies up to books for 11 year-olds plus. I like to try new things and tackle new subjects, so I don't limit myself to one type of book. One month I might be writing about history, and the next month I might be creating an imaginary story. Examples of my work have been selected for national Key Stage study in the UK, and in the USA I was commended by the Library of Congress for my work in non-fiction, which they felt encouraged reluctant readers. I work with visuals always in mind, and love the challenge of getting across information or an exciting story with good graphics to back it up. Lately I have been blogging about the craft of writing, and I've also appeared at National Book Festivals, which I think of as the most challenging thing of all to do! I get a lot of emails from children around the world, inspired by one of my books they have read, and that gives me great pleasure.
- Author(s)Moira Butterfield
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication14/01/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleDiscover the Anglo-Saxons
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFranklin Watts Ltd
- Weight152 g
- Width209 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Edition StatementIllustrated edition
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.