All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionArt and Social Justice Education offers inspiration and tools for educators to craft critical, meaningful, and transformative arts education curriculum and arts integration projects. The images, descriptive texts, essays, and resources are grounded within a clear social justice framework and linked to ideas about culture as commons. Essays and a section written by and for teachers who have already incorporated contemporary artists and ideas into their curriculums help readers to imagine ways to use the content in their own settings. This book is enhanced by a Companion Website (www.routledge.com/cw/quinn) featuring artists and artworks, project examples, and dialogue threads for educators. Proposing that art can contribute in a wide range of ways to the work of envisioning and making a more just world, this imaginative, practical, and engaging sourcebook of contemporary artists' works and education resources advances the field of arts education, locally, nationally, and internationally, by moving beyond models of discipline-based or expressive art education. It will be welcomed by all educators seeking to include the arts and social justice in their curricula.
- Author BiographyTherese Quinn is Chair and Associate Professor of Art Education at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. John Ploof is Professor of Art Education at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. Lisa Hochtritt is Chair of Art Education at Rocky Mountain College of Art + Design in Denver, Colorado.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/01/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight362 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byJohn Ploof,Lisa J. Hochtritt,Therese M. Quinn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.