All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionArt and Techlogy of Entertainment Computing and Communication takes a blue sky research perspective on the field of interactive media for entertainment computing. Adrian David Cheok argues that entertainment as an end-product is useful for interactive play, however it is also a powerful tool for learning and communication and it is also a key driver for the development of information techlogy. This book explores the future of entertainment techlogies used for communication and describes quantum step research. It will inform and inspire readers to create their own radical inventions and invations that are t incremental, but which break through ideas and n-obvious solutions. One of the main explorations is the examination of how new forms of computer interaction can lead to radical new forms of techlogy and art for entertainment computing. Art and Techlogy of Entertainment Computing and Communication is an informative and inspirational text for students and the next generation of researchers. It's main aim is to provide information that will hopefully help change the world and society for the better, through new modes of entertainment and communication. Academics, researchers, engineers, game designers, and interaction designers, will find the content both interesting and valuable. Entertainment is the 'engine' to inspire people and drive invation in interactive digital media design. The pioneer of the field, Prof. Adrian David Cheok, takes you on an exciting tour of the future shaped by the Entertainment Techlogies. Hiroshi ISHII, Muriel R. Cooper Professor of Media Arts and Sciences, MIT Media Laboratory.
- Author BiographyAdrian David Cheok is Director of the Mixed Reality Lab, National University of Singapore. He is Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- Author(s)Adrian David Cheok
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note16 black & white tables, biography
- Weight701 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAdrian David Cheok
- Edition Statement2010
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.