All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArt and Value is the first comprehensive analysis of art's political ecomy throughout classical, neoclassical and Marxist ecomics. It provides a critical-historical survey of the theories of art's ecomic exceptionalism, of art as a merit good, and of the theories of art's commodification, the culture industry and real subsumption. Key debates on the ecomics of art are examined in detail. Subjecting mainstream and Marxist theories of art's ecomics to an exacting critique, Art and Value concludes with a new Marxist theory of art's ecomic exceptionalism.
- Author BiographyDave Beech is an artist in the collective Freee and teaches Art at Valand Academy, Gothenburg University. His work has been exhibited at the Liverpool Biennial (2010) and the Istanbul Biennial (2013). He has co-authored The Philistine Controversy (Verso, 2002), edited Beauty (MIT/Whitechapel, 2009), contributed essays to Locating the Producers (Valiz, 2011), and Curating and the Educational Turn (Open Editions, 2010).
- Author(s)Dave Beech
- PublisherHaymarket Books
- Date of Publication16/06/2016
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleHistorical Materialism
- Series Part/Volume Number94
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaymarket Books
- Weight546 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.