All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYad Vashem, in Jerusalem, is the global center for Holocaust education, remembrance, research and documentation. The book pays tribute to the fortitude of the human spirit. The shown 100 drawings and paintings, a representative core of Yad Vashem's art collection were created in the camps, the ghettos, in hiding and by partisans. These rare artworks by some 50 artists, half of whom were murdered, reflect the tension between the cruel reality the artists experienced and their desire to take flight. Presented thematically, and supported by substantial research on the annals of the artists, the artworks shed light on the artists' experience under the harshest of circumstances.
- Author BiographyEliad Moreh-Rosenberg survived terror attacks in Jerusalem in July 2002. He has a M.A. in Art History at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and is a researcher in the Centre for Jewish Art Jerusalem. He has been included in inteviews with New York Post, Fox News and meetings with high officials of the USA and Europe about the topic of terrorism.
- PublisherWienand Verlag
- Date of Publication01/09/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWienand Verlag
- Edited byEliad Moreh-Rosenberg
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $190.23New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.