All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom 1946 until 1954, 'Art in Cinema' presented programs of independent film to large audiences at the San Francisco Museum of Art and at the University of California, Berkeley. Directed by the filmmaker Frank Stauffacher, 'Art in Cinema's' programs were crucial to the emergence of the Bay Area as one of the centers of independent filmmaking. The society also published a book on the international evolution of avant-garde filmmaking - reproduced in this volume in facsimile form - and offered to its members and the public a coherent history of this important genre. Coupled with its companion volume, Cinema 16 (also published by Temple), Art in Cinema provides cineastes, students, teachers and scholars with extensive, readable, fascinating documentation of one of the most important film societies in American history, and both books together proved an indispensable reference source for the very beginning of this country's love affair with independent film.
- Author(s)Scott MacDonald
- PublisherTemple University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication28/02/2006
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleWide Angle Books
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTemple University Press,U.S.
- Content Note27 illustrations
- Weight739 g
- Width183 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.37New
- AU $21.29New
- AU $24.95New
- AU $20.04New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.91New
- AU $11.60Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.68New
- AU $32.15New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $21.29
- AU $79.16Trending at AU $90.81
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.51
- AU $39.94Trending at AU $43.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $23.64
- AU $57.72Trending at AU $62.56
- AU $77.20Trending at AU $94.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.