All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionCreate astonishing artwork with crayons! Crayons aren't just for kids anymore!Sculptors use them whole, bundling thousands of crayons to create environmental and installation-size sculptures. Carvers pierce and reshape crayons with scalpels, turning them into mini totems, helixes, and portrait busts. Landscape and still-life artists layer crayon shades in works on paper that rival paintings in their subtlety and depth. What will you do?! The Art of Crayon will guide you through a gallery of works by contemporary artists who use crayons as a diverse and dynamic medium. Each chapter includes a specific style of crayon artwork, complete with engaging projects from author Lorraine Bell to help you learn different techniques. From sculpture, to carving, to melted wax and drawing, you'll soon become a master crayon artist!
- Author BiographyMixed-media artist Lorraine Bell resides in Windermere, Florida on the Butler chain of lakes. A painter, sketcher, traveler, and writer, she combines her passions to create illustrated art journals bursting with images and inspirations from her adventures on the road. Lorraine has been involved with the art industry for over twenty-five years. As the owner and manager of an art-supply store in the Cayman Islands for ten years, she hosted events that focused on the talents of local artists. She is the owner of Serendipity Studios and one of the four members that make up the collaborative team Art to the Fifth. She created a visual calendar/journal that is the inspiration for The Documented Life Project, a year-long undertaking that encourages the concept of visual and written chronicles.
- Author(s)Lorraine Bell
- PublisherRockport Publishers Inc.
- Date of Publication15/08/2016
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Series TitleThe Art of...
- Place of PublicationRockport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRockport Publishers Inc.
- Content Note250 color photos
- Weight680 g
- Width215 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.