All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe most trusted M&A guidebook available--updated for today's extreme-risk world of business. Major financial scandals, geopolitical upheaval, techlogical advances, rapid globalization ...The world--and the way business is done--has changed drastically in the 10 short years since the originalpublication of this book. As a result, the alreadytedious M&A process has become exponentially more complex. The most trusted guidebook of its kind, The Artof M&A Due Diligence helps you uncover problems and inconsistencies in an M&A deal while they're still manageable. You'll find everything you need to mitigate all types of traditional risk-financial (key ratios, new GAAP-IFRS standards), operational (background checks, on-site visits), transactional (verification, checking warranties), and legal (intellectual property, environmental law). This new edition also addresses complicationsintroduced over the past decade by including: New information about the use of electronic datarooms for due diligence New focus on the role of International Accounting Standards New tools for Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) compliance New regulations concerning the environment and social issues New case law of interest, including key decisionsof the Delaware Chancery Court and Delaware Supreme Court The fear of risk in an M&A deal is rational, but it shouldn't prevent you from moving ahead. A well-conceived, carefully executed merger or acquisition can be extraordinarily enriching for both buyer and seller. This step-by-step guidebook is all you need to kw where to look-and what to look for--when conducting M&A due diligence.
- Author BiographyAlexandra Reed Lajoux is Chief Knowledge Officer and Corporate Secretary at the National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD), a not-for-profi t organization dedicated to educating corporate directors. Reed Lajoux has served as the editor of Mergers & Acquisitions Magazine, the premier publication for working professionals in the M&A field. She lives in Fairfax, Virginia. Charles M. Elson is the Edgar S. Woolard, Jr., Chair in Corporate Governance and the Director of the John L. Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance at the University of Delaware. He is also Of Counsel to the law firm Holland & Knight. Elson lives in the Wilmington,Delaware, area.
- Author(s)Alexandra Reed Lajoux,Charles M. Elson
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/09/2010
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Noteill
- Weight892 g
- Width162 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.