All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStick figures to the dark side only lead! To doodle like a Jedi you must learn! With this companion to the blockbuster bestselling Origami Yoda series, beloved author Tom Angleberger with the help of the kids from McQuarrie Middle School presents young Padawans with dozens of activities from the Star Wars universe. Padawans can learn how to fold R2-D2 and C-3PO, draw Jabba, and even build a fully functioning ChapStick rocket! Other Force-mastering activities include: Kellen s Guide to Cool Letters, Mike s Complete Rules and Tips for Pencil Pod-Racing, Rhondella s Tips for Photographing Origami, and much more! With Tom Angleberger s goofy sense of humor and accessible art style, Art2-D2 s Guide to Folding and Doodling is sure to satisfy and inspire the millions of Origami Yoda and Star Wars fans. May the doodles be with you! Includes 16-page color insert with 10 pages of colored pull-out origami paper; instructions to make Yoda, Darth, C-3PO, Admiral Ackbar, and R2-D2; a section on photographing your origami creations, and two Star Wars backdrops to photograph them against. This is the blockbuster bestselling Origami Yoda series, written by Tom Angleberger, author of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side , showcasing his proven knack for authentically capturing the intrigues, fads, and dramas of middle school in a satisfying tale of friendship and just resistance to authority ( Kirkus Reviews, starred review). Praise for Art2-D2's Guide to Folding and Doodling Once again, Angleberger s humor, which presents itself in the text through characters from the series, in both human and origami form, connects with middle-grade readers. 'Art2' and the other 'Origami Yoda' books are the ultimate example of the by-a-fan/for-the-fans format, which succeeds if executed properly. This did he. Florida Times-Union Excellent activity-book offshoot of Angleberger s bestselling Origami Yoda series The banter and tongue-and-cheek humor of the previous books is present, along with encouragement. Publishers Weekly The presentation s offbeat attitude, ingenuity, and wit, many libraries will want to stock this high interest book... Booklist Fans (and nfans, if there are any) of the Origami Yoda series (Abrams) and website will find new opportunities aplenty for foolery in this spiff compendium of progressively challenging hands-on instructions for drawing, folding, and goofing around with (mostly) Star Wars characters. School Library Journal
- Author BiographyTom Angleberger is the bestselling author of the Origami Yoda series, including The Strange Case of Origami Yoda, Darth Paper Strikes Back, and The Secret of the Fortune Wookiee. Visit him online at OrigamiYoda.com. He lives in Christiansburg, Virginia, with his wife, the author-illustrator Cece Bell.
- Author(s)Tom Angleberger
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- SubjectNovelty & Activity Books
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarry N. Abrams, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour plates
- Weight318 g
- Width145 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $128.00Trending at AU $199.21
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $167.89
- AU $26.64Trending at AU $29.41
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.02
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.29
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $14.90Trending at AU $23.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.