All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis title presents a captivating account of two photographers, one of whom became a major figure in the art, and the other who fell into obscurity. It also presents a fascinating account telling the hitherto untold love story of Edward Weston and Margrethe Mather. Both photographic artists at the centre of the Bohemian cultural scene of Los Angeles during the 1910s and 20s, Weston would go on to become the most influential American photographer of the 20th century, while Mather, who Weston ultimately expunged from his journals, would vanish into obscurity. Based on 10 years of research and illustrated with extraordinary images - some never published - and a charismatic range of characters, from Charlie Chaplin to Max Eastman, Artful Lives is a vivid and insightful account of this key period in Weston's development and reveals Mather's important contribution to it.
- Author BiographyBeth Gates Warren is an independent scholar and consultant in the field of fine art photography.
- Author(s)Beth Gates Warren
- PublisherGetty Trust Publications
- Date of Publication13/10/2011
- Place of PublicationSanta Monica CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJ. Paul Getty Museum
- Content Note87 black & white illustrations
- Weight1318 g
- Width184 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine39 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.