All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThese are the stories of four arts practitioners from Trinidad and Tobago - a lighting designer, a dancer, a jazz musician and a choreographer - who have made names for themselves internationally. The book centers on their role as educators in their fields; their unique and individual journeys exemplify the classic role artists have (always) played as teachers. Artful Stories is a timely and profound work that captures the teacher-student dynamic. It fills a void by recognizing the contributions of Caribbean artists to U.S. and European artistic scholarship. This book will be a valuable asset for teachers and professors as well as an excellent textbook for undergraduate and graduate classrooms.
- Author BiographyJoanne Kilgour Dowdy is Associate Professor at Kent State University, Ohio. A graduate of Juilliard School in the theatre division, Dr. Dowdy continues to use her drama training to prepare teachers for the literacy classroom, and as a performer who facilitates writing development through interactive workshops. Her major research interests include documenting the experiences of Black women involved in education from adult basic literacy to higher education. She is the co-editor (with Dr. Lisa Delpit, Mc Arthur Genius Fellow) of The Skin That We Speak: Thoughts on Language and Culture in the Classroom (2002), and the author of GED Stories: Black Women & Their Struggle for Social Equity (Lang, 2003). Ph.D. Stories: Conversations with My Sisters (2008) won the American Educational Research Association Narrative and Research SIG's Outstanding Book Award IN 2009.
- Author(s)Joanne Kilgour Dowdy
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2012
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleBlack Studies and Critical Thinking
- Series Part/Volume Number22
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight260 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.