All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionArthritis is the number one cause of disability in the U.S. with more than 40 million people diagsed; that number is expected to rise as baby boomers continue to age. Yet few understand what arthritis really is, how it develops, and what sufferers can do to minimize its impact on daily activities and quality of life. Here, Naheed Ali weighs in with insight into the inner workings of arthritis and the treatment options available to patients. By first defining arthritis, and examining its causes and symptoms, Ali provides readers with the kwledge they need to understand what is going on in their bodies, what they can do if they suspect they have arthritis, and how to prevent it if they don't. He examines the various types of arthritis - from juvenile to rheumatoid and beyond - and the various medical practitioners involved in its diagsis and treatment. Building on the current medical treatments available, Ali offers information about alternative and natural approaches, as well as lifestyle adjustments helpful in mitigating the symptoms. Whole family approaches that include caregivers and what they can do for their loved ones suffering from arthritis are also discussed. Readers will appreciate the comprehensive and thoughtful approach Ali takes to his topic, and will come away with the tools they need to live well with arthritis.
- Author BiographyNaheed Ali, M.D., is the author of Diabetes and You: A Comprehensive, Holistic Approach (Rowman & Littlefield, 2011), The Obesity Reality (Rowman & Littlefield, 2012), and Understanding Alzheimer's (Rowman & Littlefield, 2012). He has appeared as a special guest on numerous talk shows and has been quoted in many national print magazines and TV websites across the US, including Woman's World, Prevention, Whole Living, MSN.com, USAToday.com, and others.
- Author(s)Naheed S. Ali
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication08/07/2015
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight522 g
- Width148 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.