Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionThis book describes the current applications of arthroscopy in a very wide range of sports injuries involving, among other sites, the hip, knee, ankle, shoulder, elbow, and wrist. For each condition, mechanisms of injury are explained and the role of arthroscopy in diagsis and treatment is described. Relevant information is also provided on the epidemiology and mechanisms of injury in specific sports and on indications for treatment and rehabilitation. The book fully reflects the recent advances that have taken place in arthroscopy, permitting more accurate assessment and more successful management of post-traumatic pathologies. Furthermore, it ackwledges that as a result of the increasing use of new techlogies and biomaterials, there is w particular interest in techniques that promote biological healing of articular lesions and permit complete functional recovery. The authors are leading specialists in the field who have aimed to provide practitioners with the clear guidance that they require on the evaluation and treatment of injuries incurred during sporting activity.
- Author BiographyDr. Piero Volpi is an Orthopedic Surgeon and Sports Medicine Specialist and Director of the Knee Surgery and Sport Traumatology Unit at Humanitas Clinical Institute IRCCS, Milan. He played professional football from the beginning of the 1970s until 1985 while maintaining his medical studies. He is now Head of Medical Staff FC Internazionale Milan, Italy, and is also Responsible Physician of the Italian Association of Football Players (AIC), an instructor on medical issues for FIFA (Federation Internationale de Football Association), Vice-president of the Antidoping Commission, and a member of the SLA Commission of FIGC. Dr. Volpi was a Teaching Professor on the Residency Program in Sports Medicine at the University of Milan from 1993 to 2000; since 2001 he has been Teaching Professor on the Residency Program in Orthopedics and Traumatology at the university and has acted as tutor in matters relating to sports trauma and reparative surgery of the knee. During the past 10 years, with his team, he has treated numerous professional athletes across various sports, especially football, and has performed more than 5000 knee and ankle arthroscopies, 3000 knee and ankle ligament surgical procedures, more than 1000 joint replacements, and about 1000 tendon repair and cartilage treatment procedures. He is the author of more than 200 publications (30% in international journals) and has delivered numerous presentations at national and international scientific meetings.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication28/12/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note36 black & white illustrations, 154 colour illustrations, 50 colour tables, biography
- Weight1514 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byPiero Volpi
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.