Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionArthur Miller's life spans more than four decades and includes three marriages - famously to America's enduring icon, Marilyn Monroe - numerous plays, vels and an autobiography. Martin Gottfried utilizes private letters from and to Arthur Miller where Miller discusses everything from movie deals to house decoration, from his psychoanalysis to his portrayal of Monroe in his play After the Fall . Using these materials as well as interviews with those who kw Miller, Gottfried crafts the complete life and work of this major writer.
- Author BiographyMartin Gottfried, a New York drama critic for forty years and the author of five biographies and two books of theatre criticism, is uniquely qualified to write about Arthur Miller's life and work.Winner of the George Jean Nathan Award for Dramatic Criticism and recipient of two Rockefeller Foundation Fellowships, Martin Gottfried has been chief dramatic critic for the New York Post and Saturday Review. He is the author of A Theater Divided, Jed Harris: The Curse of Genius, All His Jazz: The Life and Death of Bob Fosse, Balancing Act: The Authorized Biography of Angela Lansbury and Nobody's Fool: The Lives of Danny Kaye. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Martin Gottfried
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication17/03/2005
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight686 g
- Width153 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.