All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'This is an important book that needs to be read by anyone doing research in this area' - British Educational Research Journal 'Articulating with Difficulty is an excellent collection and comes highly recommended. It follows Peter Clough and Len Barton's earlier and controversial collection, Making Difficulties (1995), and draws on a wide range of perspectives in disability, inclusive education and Special Education Needs (SEN) research to tease out key issues on voice ...All contributors share a willingness to engage seriously with challenges thrown down by disabled academics and activists; that they do from different standpoints is ather strength of this collection' - Disability & Society This volume addresses the issue of 'voice' in special education research; the voices of the researchers as well as those of the 'researched', and the ways in which research mediates identities. It follows on from the well-kwn and controversial Making Difficulties, also edited by Peter Clough and Len Barton.The contributors address, among other things: the question of overt and subtle power relations within the research context; the issues of 'voice' in emancipatory research; and the view that a more democratic approach to research is made difficult because of the individualized, competitive work culture of higher education and research production.
- Author BiographyPeter Clough is Honorary Professor of Education at the University of Sheffield. Peter taught English and Drama, in the 1970s, in London and later in a number of special schools. His research interests include the use of narrative and fictional writing in research and research report. Peter has taught Inclusive Education and Early Childhood Education at the University of Sheffield, has been Professor of Inclusive Education at Queen's Belfast and at Liverpool Hope, and Research Fellow at the University of Chester. Peter is an Honorary Professor at the School of Education, University of Sheffield, where he teaches Masters and Doctoral students. Amongst over 50 publications focusing on equality, inclusion difference, and teachers' lives are several books published with Sage.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication23/10/1998
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleNew BERA Dialogues Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPaul Chapman Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byLen Barton,Peter Clough
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.