All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince its founding in 2001, Dermot Foley Landscape Architects has developed a wide variety of successful projects from an impressive list of clients, contributing its own distinctive voice to the rapidly evolving Irish and international landscape. This beautifully designed hardback volume celebrates ten years of Dermot Foley by reflecting on some of the most emblematic projects developed by its vibrant team, but even more poignantly, by unveiling the practice's underlying design ethic. Artifice is therefore more ambitious than a general catalogue of work, it presents rather, an analysis of the ideas and themes that have emerged through the collective interactions between Dermot Foley's varied team of architects, designers, urban planners and horticulturists, and which have informed Dermot Foley's projects to date. This volume reflects on the holistic approach to landscape design that has been at the basis of the practice's projects. Essays by theorists and practitioners such as Krystallia Kamvasiu, Simon Canz and Dermot Foley himself, provide expert reflections on the practice's approach to landscape as well as its impact on the nature and future development of the Irish, and international, built environment.
- Author BiographyKrystallia Kanvasinou is a lecturer, researcher and writer and is currently a freelance collaborator at Dermot Foley Landscape Architects. Kanvasinou studied at University of Westminster, the Edinburgh College of Art/Heriot-Watt University and the National Technical University of Athens. Kanvasinou has lectured at the School of Architecture, University of Kent, Canterbury and in the Department of Urban Development and Regeneration, University of Westminster. Author of numerous architectural publications in various architectural journals. Dermot Foley completed a Masters Degree in Landscape Architecture at Edinburgh College of Art. Dermot teaches landscape architecture at University College Dublin and Dublin Institute of Technology. He has also lectured at University College Cork, University of Limerick and University of Newcastle and has presented papers at University of Westminster and Copenhagen University.
- Author(s)Dermot Foley,Krystallia Kamvasinou,Simon Canz
- PublisherBlack Dog Publishing London UK
- Date of Publication25/04/2011
- Place of PublicationLonson
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlack Dog Publishing London UK
- Content Note176 illustrations
- Weight1134 g
- Width230 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.