Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides simultaneously a design blueprint, user guide, research agenda, and communication platform for current and future developments in artificial intelligence (AI) approaches to systems biology. It places an emphasis on the molecular dimension of life phemena and in one chapter on anatomical and functional modeling of the brain. As design blueprint, the book is intended for scientists and other professionals tasked with developing and using AI techlogies in the context of life sciences research. As a user guide, this volume addresses the requirements of researchers to gain a basic understanding of key AI methodologies for life sciences research. Its emphasis is t on an intricate mathematical treatment of the presented AI methodologies. Instead, it aims at providing the users with a clear understanding and practical kw-how of the methods. As a research agenda, the book is intended for computer and life science students, teachers, researchers, and managers who want to understand the state of the art of the presented methodologies and the areas in which gaps in our kwledge demand further research and development. Our aim was to maintain the readability and accessibility of a textbook throughout the chapters, rather than compiling a mere reference manual. The book is also intended as a communication platform seeking to bride the cultural and techlogical gap among key systems biology disciplines. To support this function, contributors have adopted a termilogy and approach that appeal to audiences from different backgrounds.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication07/02/2005
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleComputational Biology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 5
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight515 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byFrancisco Azuaje,Werner Dubitzky
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.