All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArtificial life, a field that seeks to increase the role of synthesis in the study of biological phemena, has great potential, both for unlocking the secrets of life and for raising a host of disturbing issues -- scientific and technical as well as philosophical and ethical. This book brings together a series of overview articles that appeared in the first three issues of the groundbreaking journal Artificial Life, along with a new introduction by Christopher Langton, Editor-in-Chief of Artificial Life, founder of the discipline, and Director of the Artificial Life Program at the Santa Fe Institute.
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication03/03/1997
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleComplex Adaptive Systems
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Note70
- Weight749 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byChristopher G. Langton
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.