All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.68
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $23.77Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $44.92
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
About this product
- DescriptionArtist Scholar: Reflections on Writing and Research is part history, introduction, and discussion for artists and designers entering, graduating, and employed by the contemporary art academy in the United States. The evolution of art education in the university continues to expand in the 21st century as the variables of craft, skill, technique, theory, history and criticism shift and expand as the perspective of arts-based research is introduced into this professionalized environment. Given this context: what can M.F.A. students do to improve their understanding of writing and research without sacrificing their commitment to their studio art process? Through a series of essays, the text argues for better writing at the M.F.A. level with the purpose of becoming better artists. By contextualizing art practice in the university and providing a foundation for future artist scholarship, it serves as an invitation to artist scholars to push their work further and develop the confidence to situate their art in the university context.
- Author BiographyG. James Daichendt is Associate Professor and Exhibitions Director in the Department of Art at Azusa Pacific University in Southern California. He is author of Intellect's 2010 title Artist-Teacher: A Philosophy for Creating and Teaching.
- Author(s)G. James Daichendt
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width174 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.