All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBeloved artist, author and workshop instructor Cathy Johnson will share with readers how to get out in the world with their sketchbooks and how to get immediate satisfaction as they enjoy the challenge of sketching out in the world. Readers will learn to sketch plein air and on the spot, both in nature and in urban settings around the globe. Exercises and instruction will cover materials and techniques for travel sketching, sketching in their own neighborhoods, towns, and cities and sketching out in nature. Readers will learn to see their surroundings with new eyes and to discover hidden secrets all around them and around the world. This beautifully illustrated book's design and art has a spontaneous sketchbook feel that lets the reader look over the shoulder of the artists on location while learning to create their own spontaneous art. It will have a paper-over-board binding with matte lamination and a faux 3-piece cover similar to North Light's successful The Watercolorist's Essential Notebook. The interior will present instruction with the friendly feel of the successful Artist's Journal Workshop interspersed with field sketches throughout. This book offers a fresh combination of field journal, tes, sketches, instruction and very clear step-by-step demonstrations of both details and finished paintings.
- Author BiographyMultimedia artist, writer and naturalist Cathy Johnson has been drawing and painting all her life. She is the author and illustrator of over thirty books, many for North Light. Johnson has worked at Hallmark and has owned her own ad agency. A contributing editor to TAM and Watercolor Magic, she was a staff naturalist and contributing editor for Country Living; and has written for Artist's Sketchbook, Sports Afield, Early American Life, Science Digest, Harrowsmith, Mother Earth News, Sierra Magazine and others. She's published books and a newsletter on living history. Author of The Sierra Club Guide to Sketching in Nature and The Sierra Club Guide to Painting in Nature, she's taught sketching and painting for the Sierra Club, Missouri Dept. of Conservation and other nature centers, as well as in person workshops across the nation. She now reaches worldwide with online workshop instruction. Her art is in private and corporate collections. She maintains relationships with popular art authors including Brenda Swenson, Nita Leland, Danny Gregory and more.
- Author(s)Cathy Johnson
- PublisherF&W Publications Inc
- Date of Publication29/07/2016
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPopular Woodworking Books
- Content Note250 colour illustrations
- Width203 mm
- Height279 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $67.92Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $42.49
- AU $18.56Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.95Trending at AU $53.03
- AU $22.59Trending at AU $27.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.