All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionDiscussions about the state of arts education often focus on the experiences, emotions and technical skills of artists, rather than the critical function of the arts in society, stages of cognitive development or evidence-based research into arts participation. Arts Education Beyond Art calls for a new artistic and pedagogical consciousness focused on art's cognitive and social processes rather than the qualities of the artistic artifact. The contributors to this volume (composers, professors, administrators, theorists, artists, actors and writers, among others) argue that art education should be embraced as a social practice; instructors have to teach students to look at life with and through art, and t the other way around.
- Date of Publication01/03/2015
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleAntennae
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight227 g
- Width135 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Edited byBarend van Heusden,Pascal Gielen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.