Arts Integration: Teaching Subject Matter Through the Arts in Multicultural Settings by Merryl Goldberg (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $148.86Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $120.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEven if you or your students have limited exposure to the arts, this invative and unique text will help you learn how to teach about the arts and how to instruct your students by learning through the arts. In exploring numerous ways in which the arts (visual, music, dance, and theater) can be integrated throughout the K-8 curriculum and used to teach the subject areas, the text provides a multitude of strategies and examples of learning through classroom activities such as music, dance, and poetry. Arts integration: An Approach to Teaching and Learning in Multicultural and Multilingual Settings, Fourth Edition, reflects contemporary theory and practice and promotes ideas and skills that tap children's propensity for creativity and critical thinking. The fourth edition has been thoroughly revised and updated and includes: revised and current references throughout; a keen focus on assessment and the potential of assessing students' work though arts-based methods; new information concerning the role of visual literacy in learning and especially reading; a strong focus on reading methods through art and theater; a focus on English language learners and the value of using art in capability to achieve and succeed, and a top-ten list of the what education needs and has lost sight of over the last decade such as encouraging children's desire to learn, ability to take risks, to improvise solutions, to think creatively, and how the arts can support these attributes. Written for teachers, especially of K-8 students, who wish to learn how to provide an arts curriculum to their students in unique and integrated ways, the text provides a multitude of strategies and examples of learning through classroom activities such as music, dance, and poetry, reflects contemporary theory and practice, and promotes ideas and skills that tap children's propensity for creativity and critical thinking.
- Author BiographyMerryl Goldberg is a Professor of Visual and Performing Arts at California State University San Marcos (CSUSM) where she teaches courses on Arts & Learning, and Music and where she is founder and director of Center ARTES, a center dedicated to restoring arts to education through working with the San Diego County Office of Education, arts partners, parents, and teachers. She has numerous publications including books, articles, chapters, editorials, and blogs. She is the recipient of numerous grants including a Federal Department of Education Innovation grant, a joint Spencer and John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur grant, Fulbright-Hays Foundation grants, and California Arts Council grants relating to her work with arts in the schools. Prior to entering academia, she recorded numerous CDs and was on the road for 13 years playing the saxophone with the Klezmer Conservatory Band.
- Author(s)Merryl Goldberg
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationOld Tappan
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAllyn & Bacon
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.