All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArts and cultural activity in Asia is increasingly seen as important internationally, and Asia's growing prosperity is enabling the full range of artistic activities to be better encouraged, supported and managed. At the same time, cultural frameworks and contexts vary hugely across Asia, and it is t appropriate to apply Westerns theories and models of leadership and management. This book presents a range of case studies of arts and cultural leadership across a large number of Asian countries. Besides examining different cultural frameworks and contexts, the book considers different cultural approaches to leadership, discusses external challenges and entrepreneurialism, and explores how politics can have a profound impact. Throughout the book covers different art forms, and different sorts of arts and cultural organisations.
- Author BiographyJo Caust is a very experienced arts consultant based in Melbourne, Australia, working with a wide range of organisations in Australia and Asia. Previously she was an Associate Professor and Director of the Arts and Cultural Management Program at the University of South Australia, and before that worked in the arts sector as an arts practitioner, arts manager and consultant. She is also a Principal Fellow at the University of Melbourne, author of two previous books on arts management, and the Managing Editor of the online academic journal, Asia Pacific Journal of Arts and Cultural Management.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/05/2015
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in Asia-Pacific Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 11 black & white tables, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byJo Caust
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.97
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.