All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $21.32Trending at AU $23.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis title offers a unique and insightful contemplation of the leading figures of modern art and literature. The first paperback edition of this dazzling collection of profiles and interviews by one of the most prolific and important cultural essayists writing today. Bestselling velist, memoirist and biographer Edmund White once again displays his razor-sharp wit and boundless erudition in thirty five portraits of the writers, artists and cultural icons who have captured his curiosity and imagination for the last twenty years. White is his usual compelling, yet unpretentious, self as he tells of his encounters with the icons of the age, including Marcel Proust, Catherine Deneuve, David Geffen, Andre Michel Foucault, Andy Warhol, Vladimir Nabokov, Jean Genet, Jasper Johns and Yves Saint Laurent. This is a thoughtful, learned and freshly insightful work, which is consistently conversational and accessible whether he is writing about the literary greats or about celebrities like Elton John.
- Author BiographyEdmund White is the author of 20 books including A Boy's Own Story, The Farewell Symphony and the National Book Critics Circle Award-winning Genet: a Biography. He is also a regular contributor to The New Yorker, The New York Times Book Review and Vanity Fair. He directs the creative writing program at Princeton University and lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Edmund White
- PublisherCleis Press
- Date of Publication08/02/2006
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCleis Press
- Weight534 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.