All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionWhat does the Bible really say about gender, the ethics of submission, and male-female roles? In this book, well-regarded theologian Alan Padgett offers a fresh approach to the debate. Through his careful interpretation of Paul's letters and broader New Testament teaching, the author shows how Christ's submission to the church models an appropriate understanding of gender roles and servant leadership. As Christ submits to the church, so all Christians must submit to, serve, and care for one ather. Padgett articulates a creative approach to mutual submission and explores its practical outworking in the church today, providing biblical and ethical affirmation for equality in leadership.
- Author BiographyAlan G. Padgett (DPhil, University of Oxford) is professor of systematic theology at Luther Seminary in St. Paul, Minnesota, and the author or coauthor of several books, including Christianity and Western Thought (volumes 2 and 3), But Is It All True? The Bible and the Question of Truth, and Science and the Study of God. His scholarship ranges over philosophy, theology and science, and New Testament studies. Padgett is also an ordained minister in the United Methodist Church.
- Author(s)Alan G Padgett,Associate Professor of Theology and the Philosophy of Science Alan G Padgett
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaker Academic, Div of Baker Publishing Group
- Weight227 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Trade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound,Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.