All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn reading this memoir a person can learn first hand what it was like to be a soldier in the American army during World War I. It is a vivid account of one man's experience of being inducted into the army; his basic training; and being sent to France where he and his fellow soldiers were then taken to the front to begin their part in the fighting of the war. This is the story of friendships formed during this time; frightening, difficult situations; loss of friends on the battlefield; the seemingly endless fight for survival, and finally because of an injury being able to leave the battlefield-thus ending his part in the war. In spite of all the seriousness, this is a personal and compelling memoir that is hard to put down. You get to kw this young man from Louisiana; his thoughts and beliefs about this war and life. Undoubtedly the whole experience stayed with him all his life. One cant read this memoir without learning more about World War I--the so called Great World War.
- Author BiographyThe late Dae Hinson taught in Louisiana schools for 38 years. He lived in Vernon Parish in Leesville, Louisiana, USA.
- Author(s)Dae Hinson
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/07/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.