All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlong with previously selected works, prize-winning poet Joseph Dorazio presents twenty-six new poems in As Is, a unique collection that explores the wide spectrum of the human experience, from the search for vintage treasures to archeological myths tied to global warming. Dorazio examines the allure, if t outright addiction, of one of his favorite pastimes--scavenging flea markets and vintage junk shops. Here, he searches for something we may t kw exists--a kind of poetic and personal archaeological dig through the detritus of the past. In addition, this volume also includes twenty-six selected poems from Dorazio's most recent collection, Remains to Be Seen, a finalist in Bright Hill Press' 2010 Chapbook Contest. These poems pay homage to the artistry of Ogden Nash and Kay Ryan with a miniaturist-style that is at once whimsical and icoclastic, with many surprises in wit, rhyme, and subtle insight. Set against an exotic backdrop of ancient Mesoamerican mythologies, Dorazio's selections from Poems of the Fifth Sun examine global warming, hinting at uncanny parallels among Aztec, Mayan, and other Native American predictions of world cataclysmic change and contemporary climate science. Intense and ambitious, As Is presents powerful imagery combined with a keen insight into our quest for connection and meaning.
- Author(s)Joseph Dorazio
- Date of Publication04/01/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight118 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.