All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionAs You Like It is Shakespeare's most light-hearted comedy, and its witty heroine Rosalind has his longest female role. In this edition, Alan Brissenden reassesses both its textual and performance history, showing how interpretations have changed since the first recorded production in 1740. He examines Shakespeare's sources and elucidates the central themes of love, pastoral, and doubleness. Detailed antations investigate the allusive and often bawdy language, enabling student, actor, and director to savour the humour and the seriousness of the play to the full. ABOUT THE SERIES: For over 100 years Oxford World's Classics has made available the widest range of literature from around the globe. Each affordable volume reflects Oxford's commitment to scholarship, providing the most accurate text plus a wealth of other valuable features, including expert introductions by leading authorities, helpful tes to clarify the text, up-to-date bibliographies for further study, and much more.
- Author BiographyAlan Brissenden is Reader in English, University of Adelaide, Australia.
- Author(s)William Shakespeare
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication08/05/2008
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleOxford World's Classics
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Notehalftones
- Weight274 g
- Width129 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Volume editorAlan Brissenden
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.