All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionComplete Brand New Edition - As a Man Thinketh - By James Allen. James Allen (28 November 1864 - 24 January 1912) was a British philosophical writer kwn for his inspirational books and poetry and as a pioneer of the self-help movement. As a Man Thinketh is a literary essay which has been mass-produced since its publication in 1902. It has been a source of inspiration to motivational and self-help authors. The title is influenced by a verse in the Bible from the Book of Proverbs, chapter 23, verse 7: As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he. While the passage suggests that one should consider the true motivations of a person who is being uncharacteristically generous before accepting his generosity, the title and content of Allen's work refer to the reader himself. This book, written in terms of the responsibility assumption, opens with the statement: Mind is the Master power that moulds and makes, And Man is Mind, and evermore he takes The tool of Thought, and, shaping what he wills, Brings forth a thousand joys, a thousand ills: He thinks in secret, and it comes to pass: Environment is but his looking-glass.
- Author BiographyJames Allen (28 November 1864 - 24 January 1912) was a British philosophical writer known for his inspirational books and poetry and as a pioneer of the self-help movement. His best known work, As a Man Thinketh, has been mass-produced since its publication in 1902. It has been a source of inspiration to motivational and self-help authors.
- Author(s)Associate Professor of Philosophy James Allen
- Date of Publication11/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight77 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.