About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from As a Woman Thinketh: A Comedy of the Period; In Three Acts Scene; Sitting-room at the Weeden home. Table, C., literal covered with articles of wearing apparel, books, strings, etc., in helpless confusion. Chairs loaded and cluttered in a most disorderly heap. Rugs in a pile on floor. Nezvspaper in several scattered sheets, a broom, scissors and scraps of paper, copy of Ladies Home Journar with pictures cut out, handkerchiefs, aprons, neckties, collars, streivn over pia and floor, chairs and lounge. Under the lounge, slippers, rubbers, suspenders, caps, jackets; purse hanging on arm of chair, veil over back of ather, etc. Motto, Home, Sweet Home, hanging awry over arclnvay at C.entrance, where portieres are draped. Doors R.and L.See Scene Plot for stage setting. As curtain rises Mrs. Weeden stands just inside portieres, with hands on hips surveying scene ruefully and shaking head in despair. Mrs. W.after despairing pause). Odear, dear, dear! Did anybody in all this world ever see such a looking house! And this is only one room! Multiply it by twelve and add bathroom, pantry and wardrobe and Odear, dear, dear! (Advances to pile of sofa cushions at foot of lounge and begins to dust them vigorously, piling them on big armchair.) I declare, I just dont kw where to commence. Love save my soul! (Looks around again as though in utter despair, then goes R.entrance and calls.) Suke! Suke! OSuke! ., . Suke (off R.after a pause). Y-a-a-a-s, Missus! (Sticks head in.) i Mrs. W.Do come right into the sitting--room this minute and. Tr-x; Suke. Yaas, Missus in des a minute. Missus! (Withdraws head. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Edith F a U Painton
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight150 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.