All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen they vanished 50,000 years ago, the Protheans left their advanced techlogy scattered throughout the galaxy. The chance discovery of a Prothean cache on Mars allows humanity to join those already reaping the rewards of the ancients' high-tech wizardry. But for one rogue militia, the goal is t participation but domination.Scientist Kahlee Sanders has left the Systems Alliance for the Ascension Project, a program that helps gifted biotic children harness their extraordinary powers. The program's most promising student is twelve-year-old Gillian Grayson, who is borderline autistic. What Kahlee doesn't kw is that Gillian is an unwitting pawn of the outlawed black ops group Cerberus, which is sabotaging the program by conducting illegal experiments on the students.When the Cerberus plot is exposed, Gillian's father takes her away from the Ascension Project and flees into the lawless Terminus Systems. Determined to protect Gillian, Kahlee goes with them, unaware that the elder Grayson is, in fact, a Cerberus operative. To rescue the young girl, Kahlee must travel to the farthest ends of the galaxy, battling fierce enemies and impossible odds. But how will she be able to save a daughter from her own father?
- Author BiographyDrew Karpyshyn is the New York Times bestselling author of Star Wars: Darth Bane: Path of Destruction and its sequel, Star Wars: Darth Bane: Rule of Two, as well as several other fantasy and science fiction novels. He is also an award-winning writer/designer for the computer game company BioWare, where he was lead writer on the video games Mass Effect and the popular Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. David Colacci has been an actor and a director for over thirty years, performing coast-to-coast in lead roles of plays by a variety of playwrights, from Shakespeare to Sam Shepard to Steve Martin. He has worked as a narrator for over fifteen years, during which time he has read the works of such authors as Jules Verne, Henry Adams, John Irving, Michael Chabon, and John Lescroart. He has won AudioFile Earphones Awards, earned Audie nominations, and been included on Best of Year lists by such publications as Publishers Weekly, AudioFile magazine, and Library Journal. David was a resident actor/director with the Cleveland Play House for eight years and has been artistic director of the Hope Summer Rep Theater since 1992. He currently lives in New York with his wife, narrator and actress Susan Ericksen, and his children, Mario and Elena.
- Author(s)Drew Karpyshyn
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication08/12/2008
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleMass Effect
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 2
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight79 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Narrator(s)David Colacci
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time570
- Edition StatementUnabridged
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $20.14Trending at AU $35.44
- AU $31.18Trending at AU $37.14
- AU $18.33Trending at AU $19.93
- AU $14.77Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $45.77
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $37.39
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $43.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.